my analogy of weight loss vs a spending issue.

Funny way my mind works. I can make the analogy about how when you have a spending problem the only way someone can know you have this problem is to see your checking account. I could not pay my mortgage, credit cards and car payment and over a few months I could brag about having saved thousands of dollars. Eventually my house would be foreclosed, my credit cars froze and my car reposed. My weight problem shows I have a unhealthy relationship with food. THE FAT IS A SYMPTOM of my eating issues. 90% of this battle is in my mind. It's not about willpower, it's about making life long changes that I can do FOR LIFE, sustainability. When my mind set changed the weight did come off. It's still an issue of biology and I learned not to use the scale as my sole source of how well I was doing. I celebrated every day I stayed on point for my program. When I have stalled I can look at my program and subjectively assess what has changed. Make small changes and wait and reassess. The emotional mindset of "didn't lose any weight this week, month, I'm a loser" vanished. I also gave up the idea that I needed to lose weight FAST. I've been obese my whole life, so why the heck would I NEED to lose it so quick? It's our "do it quick" modern instant gratification. There is no magic pill but I can tell you that I have maintained my current weight of 220 for over 1 year after taking 2 years to lose it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

back on the horse, again. Electronic Cigarettes instead of smoking.

Been awhile 216 pounds, Ready to start going lower, again.

"I want to loose fat" has to become "I NEED to loose fat!".